TIPS for Brahma Kumaris Students – God’s Elevated Directions / Disciplines / pure Food – Shrimat / Maryadaaye / Saatwic Bhojan
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Everything taught by the Brahma Kumaris is „old wine in a new bottle”, the only remedy for the ailing soul, directly being prescribed by our Supreme Surgeon Shivbaba – the Spiritual Father of all souls. His new but ancient Knowledge of Raja Yoga is a matter of personal choice. Its more a matter of understanding, implementing, & realizing the necessity, and unimaginable benefits attained therefrom!
Most Beloved Shiv Baba says – „Only when you children will ‘revive’ your original pure and perfect personality, will it be possible to help remove the pain and suffering of this old world!”
Just as the bird has to find the courage to let go of the branch in order to fly, so we also must let go of our worldly branches if we are to know the exhilaration of soaring to the highest potential of our life. The branches we hold to are our inner attachments – our false beliefs, confused ideas and nagging memories of the past…. And then there are the outer attachments – people, possessions, positions and privileges, relationships, to mention a few. As long as we hold on to these we will live in constant fear (of letting go, and loss) and we will never be free.
Just watch birds… by letting go of one branch they are able to spend the rest of their life alighting on a million other branches, and they enjoy the view from each. Are you flying and soaring in your life, or are you stuck on one branch, cursing your fortune as you see others as they fly past. The branches are not tying you down, YOU have to let go. Go on, try it …let go! Chodo toh Chootey.
Concentrate on doing the task of obeying Baba’s Shrimatt – His elevated directions / principles, and you will see the magic of His Love working on you. Have constant Remembrance, undying Faith, and explicit Love for Baba. When we follow His Shrimat and continue to perform good actions in His Remembrance, then will we be truly blessed with a wonderful ’ to-morrow ’. The secret is to live by our original, pure, intrinsic values of life, come what may, and thus win Baba’s Heart-throne and be blessed forever!
So without wasting any more time speed up and put in your best efforts to come 'Last so Fast so First’ –
Beeso Naakhuno ka Zore Dekar Purusharth Ko Teevra Karo, Toh Last so Fast so First Ja Sakte Ho !
If i really want to ’ Pass with Honours ’ let me concentrate on all the 4 subjects –
* my personal study – Gyan,
* my obedience to inculcation – Dharna,
* my surrendered intellect for service – Seva,
* and above all my constant attention on Baba’s sweet remembrance – Yaad .
None but ONE Shivbaba! One support, One faith, One trust in BABA alone – Ek BABA Doosra Na Koi !!
Realise … that it is better,
* not to go into too much expansion of Baba’s Knowledge, but concentrate more on that which is essential for my progress.
* not to have doubt in Baba’s Murli – even if the instrument-teacher may be mistaken, Baba will make it right,
* not to criticise or compare our respected Seniors.
All these are not in anyway connected with my own efforts – purusharth of attaining my 1st priority – my original pure and perfect personality!
As the COMPANY you keep, so do you get coloured – jaisa sangg vaisa rangg.
As the FOOD, so does the Mind functions – jaisa ann vaisa mann.
As your THOUGHTS, so do your sense organs react (speech & actions) – jaise sankalp vaise bole aur karam.
Certain principles/disciplines/directions – Shrimat to be observed daily :
1. Develop the habit of observing SILENCE:
– Maintain Silence between 4 am to 8 am. daily.
– Observing any one day of Silence every week is also empowering.
– Observe ” traffic-control ” ie. stop the traffic of waste or negative thoughts, by observing 2 mins Silence once every hour.
2. Wake up daily any time between 3am to 5am, atleast for 1/2 to 3/4 hour, to do Nectar Time Meditation ie.- Amrit Vela Yoga.
Become aware of the definition of introversion – antarmukhta, concentration – ekaagrata, and title of self-respect – swamaan .
While practicing yoga throughout the day, be constantly aware of your seat of self-respect – swamaan ka aasan throughout the day.
3. 'MURLI’ is the direct versions of SHIVBABA our Supreme Teacher, as initially & actually spoken by Him through His medium Brahma Baba since 1936. These precious teachings have
been preserved through the years, are circulated to all the 8 / 9000 Brahma Kumaris branches throughout the world, and read out daily during 'Murli-Class’ to the BK students by the teacher-
MURLI – is food for the mind, so studying Murli is a must for every BK. Attend Murli class daily at your local center – punctual and accurate attendance. Realize the importance of spiritual
study – be alert. For fast restoration to perfect health, its most important to eliminate waste thoughts. The best therapy for this :
Fill yourself, rather, saturate your mind, churning this Knowledge to such an extent that there is no room left for Maya (the vices), or negative / waste / impure thoughts to enter your mind.
Postive / powerful / pure thoughts obtained from Baba’s Murli, are the seeds we sow for an elevated destiny.
Make time also for Self-Study / Home-Work, as per ones convenience.
You have gone through our Brahma Kumari’s 7-Day Basic-Introductory-Course. Murlis are the Advanced-Course/Classes.
Every single thing that you are getting to read or listen to from the Brahma Kumaris via the TV, internet, teachers, etc. are all derived from Baba’s Murlis. Therefore it is very important to
study the Murli daily. The added advantage of listening to it in a BK gathering is the powerful vibrations that will help re-charge you at the centre, and will benefit anyone who diligently
studies, and implements the teachings in their daily lives.
We have heard stories of how the Gope-Gopis used to get intoxicated listening to Sri Krishna’s „Murli ” (fllute). That is only the memorial of this moment in history (Sangamyuga), when
God the only Perfect One is reciting His True Bhagwad Gita i.e. His Murli of Knowledge.
4. Only consume 'sattwic’ – pure food – ie.-
Food cooked only by a BK in Baba’s accurate remembrance with a calm, clear and focused mind in a clean atmosphere.
Cooking with loving feelings brings lightness and happiness to the cook, the food, and to those consuming it.
Such magical vibrations directly help purify the mind and body.
Sattwic food means pure vegetarian food, NOT containing any onion or garlic ( as these contain a pungent chemical that
easily aggravates the vices present in the soul).
5. Every night before going to bed do atleast 15- 30 mins. meditaiton, and report your whole days activities / diary / chart to Baba i.e :
· Sharing news of the day’s activities to Baba.
· Did I perform all actions in the awareness of my title?
· Did I fulfill my promise given for today?
· Did I observe all the principles to be observed faithfully? If not, which one and why did i fail?
· How much time did I spend in Baba’s Remembrance?
. Am I content with my account of accumulation? Etc…
ABOVE ALL let me be a humble incognito instrument / child / student / follower of Mama and Baba, and silently WITNESS this beautiful Brahmin life, inspite of all the ups and downs I may have to face! Tolerate, die-alive, and continue to learn – „Jhuk-jhuk, marr-marr, seekh-seekh”!
Even if you don’t get time to study the classes, etc. you are receiving daily via this internet, do spare at least 10/20 minutes to read through them once a day. This will serve as 'food for thought’ throughout the day. Imbibe immediately what you understand, the rest Baba will clarify in due time. Be constantly intoxicatied that you are now God’s special chosen child, an elevated student in God’s University, and God Himself is teaching you!
With pure, pure feelings and good wishes and in remembrance of One, our Father